Monday, August 18, 2008

idle songs

The internet has been down at my dwelling so for the last day and a half I have wandered in the wilderness. It wasn't so bad. I made a game of it. I pretended I was in Canada. Did you know that in Canada it's always winter and never Christmas? It is a joyless life the poor oppressed people of Canada live. I don't know how they find the resilience of spirit to make so much damn good music.

Here is an example of a typical music video in Canada.



To be clear, I fucking love Frog Eyes despite never really knowing what the hell he's talking about (feelings that I can't quite verbalize?), but look at this, look at the fear and pain in their eyes. They are clearly victims of the society they are rebelling against.

The only good thing about Canada is that I think they have a lot of maple syrup and therefore must eat pancakes and waffles all the time. And french toast too. French toast is the best.

One time I was cleaning out my closet and suddenly I was in a snowy wood and I thought I was in Canada but it turns out my room is just really messy. Sucks dude. And when we talk about (aboot?) Canadians loving us, we are really talking about two dudes who left us comments on the youtube. Just to be clear. Now, if you will excuse me, I must get back to my three volume novel and my needlework. It's Victorian day bitches.

No comments: