Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Today After Lunch I Got Sick And Blew Chunks

Due to the magic of High Definition television I have already seen tonight's episode of Project Runway, and therefore have very little to do with myself this evening. So I figured I would take this time to let everyone know that I will be visiting the much-dreaded City of Angels this weekend to attend a Why? show.

Why? is cool, maybe you should check them out. They're on Anticon and sound like they're on Anticon which leads to a pretty polarizing public opinion about them. Their/his new album Alopecia is pretty boss and maybe you should check it out. Places like Pitchfork went ape shit over it. I actually saw Why? play years ago and I didn't know who they were. I dug it. The backbone of the band is Yoni Wolf's lyrics, which are equal parts poetic and vulgar, as self-assured and fun as they are neurotic and disarming. I think that's what I enjoy most about the band; Wolf's lyrics aren't shy about opening up the big can of crazy he apparently is, most often dealing with an uncomfortable shift from childhood to adulthood sprinkled with an intense neurosis and self-deprecation.

Here's a bizarre music video for a pretty righteous song called "Dumb Hummer". It features some weird chick dancing.



As we all know the only reason to set foot in LA is because their venues rule. So, if for some unfortunate reason you live in the area, check out Why? at the Echoplex on Thursday night.

3 comments:

'stina said...

How many goddamn times do I have to tell you to put links to the bands you are talking about? This is like trying to get a retarded puppy to not shit on it's own tail.

Nolan said...

I can shit on my tail all I want. It's MY tail.

'stina said...

Shit on your own tail all you want but don't drag it on MY carpet.