Thursday, September 4, 2008

emily, miss bronte if you're nasty

I don't really know what I did last night but something seriously fucked up my left shoulder. If you saw me do anything that looked painful (besides karaoke with stevens seagalll which merely sounded painful) be a friend and let me know what it was. Maybe it was from that dude at filibertos touching my shoulder and referring to me as "the secretary from the saloon, shaking your fucking rump. What's your name? Emily? Emiliah." That was pretty painful. I'm so obviously a librarian, GAWSH. Or maybe it was from stevens calling me "sugartits" in front of my mom. Maybe I hurt myself trying to teach 'Stina's cat circus tricks. There's a lot of possibilities because I like to live on the edge.

Anyway, for a while there's been buzz around water coolers other than the ponygirl water cooler about a band called Fleet Foxes. I'm not really sure how to feel about that. There's a new Blogotheque video of them performing "White Winter Hymnal" and it's very pretty but they just don't excite me. It's a strange thing, this it sounds good but it doesn't move me feeling. I have this feeling that they'll be one of those bands that everyone will either forget in three months or turn on when/if they put out a second album. This video makes me want to like them more.



I can't explain it. Pitchfork gave it a 9 but they also want us to like Animal Collective so, you know.....
I can tell you what I hate. This scary animated video for the same song.



I really wish people would stop thinking shit like this is cool. Claymation is creepy and unacceptable.

To cheer you up, here's a video of the Dodos from the very same night playing "Fools".



Feel better now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you waste your time with things you don't like. get a life.

megan elizabeth said...

um, you too?