Monday, July 14, 2008

What would make me think I should take advice from a guy in capris?

Nothing. I don't have to. You, gentle reader, do have to take advice from me.

I am having a pretty rough morning so far. First, I had to take out the trash or some shit. Then, I checked Jezebel for my morning snark only to find that one of my favorite cosmetics companies, Smashbox, advertises on celebrity weight blog called "The Skinny." I am pretty furious that Smashbox would endorse a pro-ana site like that. I guess I shouldn't be suprised, since girls with really serious body image issues are perfect to force product upon. I hate celebrity gossip blogs and I hate the frenzy following it. The shit I read in the ten seconds I was on there was ridiculous, "Heidi Montag looks healthy." WTF?! She's a 5'3" 00 (21" waist/23" hip) hobag from Colorado that bought her ass, titties, and nose. AND, I can see her ribcage behind the giant plastic dirty pillows. WHAT KIND OF HEALTHY BODY IMAGE IS THAT?! I'd be a talentless hack celebutard if I had half my body and part of my face reconstructed too. FAH!

Who said anything about a music blog? At least this coming two weeks is chock-full of good stuff. Wolf Parade at Cane's on the 20th and Rocky Votolato (yeah, he is related to Cody from The Blood Brothers, they were in Waxwing together) at the Casbah on the 23rd. Rocky Votolato does not play all that post-hardcore screamy shit The Blood Brothers do, he plays pleasant indie-folk-alt-country and has a lovely gravely/breathy voice.



This Rocky show is an acoustic solo gig and I usually prefer to see him with a band but this show is still special. This will be the first time I will see Rocky Votolato sober. I intentionally got drunk at one show, accidentally got a little drunk at the other two and definitely acted like an asshole at all three of them. This will also be the first time I will be seeing Rocky without Jenny Keene. OH GOD SEPERATION ANXIETY.

Here is the video for "White Daisy Passing," one of the best written songs in the history of music:




Previously, I have seen Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter and his other brother's band, Slender Means open for him. They were actually good, kind of a less-gay Phantom Planet. This time, some sadsack (Owen) from Joan of Arc and some other sad guy (Drew Andrews [oh man, I thought Adam Scott had a bad case of the two first names]) that hangs out with that dude from The Album Leaf are opening. Maybe everyone will want to hit the jacuzzi at the Motel 6 down the street afterwards and make some sad guy soup. No, seriously, it's going to be a really good show.

kiss my big black ass Rian,

'stina.

No comments: