Friday, June 27, 2008

You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass

Last night I saw Frank Sinatra, Jr. with the San Diego Symphony at the Moonlight Ampitheatre. It was some sort of fund raising shenanigan that I admittedly paid very little attention to but the Guido in me snatched up my free tickets right quick in hopes of getting a small taste of history. I was pleased to find out the orchestra received the original Nelson Riddle orchestrations under lock and key and were instructed to return them immediately after the concert series ended.

Sinatra, Jr.'s career rides not only on sounding like his father, but BEING his father and there's a reason Jr. has a career. There were moments in which I could close my eyes and let his (father's) classically sultry voice envelop me and transport me to a smoky night club that was filled with slightly-cocked fedoras clutching gin and tonics when they were not rock-stepping around crimson-lipped perfect coifs.

So here are a couple of my favorite Frank, Sr. clips I scrounged up on the internet.

With Gene Kelly in one of my favorite talkies "Anchors Aweigh."


With Grace Kelly in "High Society." Go ahead and ruffle my finger-waves, Frank. OH WE ARE SUCH FOOLS! Seriously, why can't every dude I know take a lesson from Frank? Romance is NOT superman-ing a ho.


And of course, "Come Fly With Me."



off to use my feminine wiles,

'stina.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd have to disagree with you on what romance is. nothing sweeps me off my feet like a good superman-ing.

'stina said...

The line was originally "Seriously, why can't every dude I know take a lesson from Frank? Romance is NOT asking a chick if you can jizz on her tits." but I felt like that might be a little out of line for the early stages of the Pony Girl Club. People have to get used to me and shit.

megan elizabeth said...

I'm pretty sure cum on your tits is way more romantic than offering to go dutch on an abortion.

Just saying.

'stina said...

Touché.