Thursday, December 4, 2008

Clean Up on Aidle Tuesday: Amanda Palmer and her Nazi puppets

Yeah, it's Thursday, I'm aware. I've been Bukowski-ing pretty hard as of late, sans the writing. So basically what I'm getting at is I've been drunk for easily two weeks straight if not more.

I was having a hard time thinking about what I hate this week (completely out of character, I know) but Jezebel did it for me. Unfortunately, Roadrunner Records fucked up really hard and it unfortunately reminded me of how much I don't like Amanda Palmer/The Dresden Dolls. Palmer made a video for a song off her solo album called "Leeds United:"



And what did Roadrunner do? They told her to cut a few shots from the video 'cause you could see her stomach and shit. Well you know what Roadrunner? Tell Slipknot to go on a diet too. Or at least tell them to stop sucking so much ass.

As much as that's a bummer, I still don't like Amanda Palmer.

1.) I don't care for her lyrics :

"you can tell
from the glass on the floor
and the strings that're breaking
and i keep on breaking more
and it looks like i am shaking
but it's just the temperature
and then again
if it were any colder i could disengage
if i were any older i could act my age
but i don't think that you'd believe me
it's
not
the
way
i'm
meant
to
be
it's just the way the operation made me"

2.) I don't care for the weird gothy carnie schtick:



3.) Her eyebrows freak me out:


I have a lot of friends that really love the Dresden Dolls and I just don't get it. Her voice is sounding more and more gravely as of late, kind of like she's been sucking a sandpapered dick for the last couple of years, and the "angry girl with a piano" thing is getting really old. Especially because Palmer blogged about being embarrassed to admit to liking Tori Amos, the original weird angry girl with a piano. Get with the program, dude.



See you on A&E's "Intervention" soon,

'stina

2 comments:

megan elizabeth said...

okay so, I am going to have to start doing some disagreeing with you, here and now.

1. The lyrics to that song are way artsier than you know. They are actually "found" poetry. She went into Hot Topic, read the t-shirts and "found" them.
But seriously, she has written better songs. Don't front like you hate "coin operated boy".

2. Tom and Dave took me to a Dresden Dolls show in SF when their car got broke into and I let them hide it in my covered driveway thing and it was a fucking amazing show: song, dance (dancers en pointe!), magic tricks, circus freaks, everything. She has a serious commitment to being a vaudeville goth and you got to respect that.

3. I know she was going for a Marlene Dietrich vibe with the brows, and who hasn't had days of longing to be Miss Dietrich, but I'm with you on this one. She fucked up. Her little tummy is cute. The eyebrows are not. Smooth that shit out!

Your Maugham said...

OK, those eyebrows alone deserve a beatdown. Fuckin' weirdos need to stop swilling absinthe whilst grooming themselves, that's all I'm saying.